Intern - Planning *Summer 2023*
If you are an undergraduate pursuing a bachelor’s degree in planning, urban design, or landscape architecture, then consider joining our team this upcoming summer in downtown Saint Paul!
As a member of our growing planning team, you will collaborate with a group of talented and innovative architecture, engineering, and planning professionals in an open-minded and energizing work environment to further enhance and advance our planning and community engagement services. You will become engaged in all aspects of the design process, starting with community and stakeholder engagement to planning documentation and program management.
In this position, you will assist in the development of schematic designs, comprehensive plans, corridor studies, and plans. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your ability to reach and engage with a diverse audience of stakeholders and community groups, as well as assist in managing online engagement forums and focus groups. You will also have the opportunity to showcase your visual communication talents by developing communication and marketing materials and other graphics.
The ideal candidate would be available to work 40 hours per week with occasional overtime throughout the summer of 2023 from mid-May through mid-August. This position would primarily work from our office in downtown Saint Paul, MN; however, there may be instances in which this position would be provided with flexible / hybrid work arrangements.
***Out-of-state students are encouraged to apply and may be eligible for housing assistance.***
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Undergraduate pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Planning, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture or related field.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office Suite applications (Word, Outlook, Teams, etc.).
- Strong organization skills demonstrated by an ability to plan, prioritize, and juggle a variety of tasks.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite and a demonstrated ability to effectively convey ideas and educate end users on planning concepts and activities through visualizations.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record and have the ability to travel throughout the Twin Cities metro.
Click the link below to learn more about the TKDA Internship Experience:
If you are looking for a hands-on internship opportunity where you can apply your knowledge to challenges outside the pages of your textbook, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply