Intern - Information Technology *Summer 2023*
Are you passionate about technology? Do you enjoy helping people while working in a fast-paced and challenging environment? If so, then we have an exciting opportunity available for you to join our employee-owned team as an IT Intern in downtown Saint Paul!
As a member of our team, you will collaborate with a group of IT professionals to provide on-site and remote technical support to a diverse group of Architects, Engineers, Planners, and Scientists. You will provide Desktop support including installation, trouble shooting, and maintenance of PC hardware, software, and computer system applications. You will also provide support by setting up and configuring equipment at workstations and in conference rooms, orientating others on proper use of equipment, and maintaining / prioritizing / resolving daily service requests. You will also assist conducting diagnostics and performing necessary application and system upgrades.
The ideal candidate would be available to work 40 hours per week with occasional overtime throughout the summer of 2023 from mid-May through mid-August. This position would primarily work from our office in downtown Saint Paul, MN; however, there may be instances in which this position would be provided with flexible / hybrid work arrangements.
***Out-of-state students are encouraged to apply and may be eligible for housing assistance.***
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Undergraduate pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field of study.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills demonstrated by a positive, helpful demeanor.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
- Ability to work independently or within the team setting.
- Ability to lift, carry, and transport computer equipment weighing up to 60 pounds.
Click the link below to learn more about the TKDA Internship Experience:
If you are looking for a hands-on internship opportunity where you can apply your knowledge to challenges outside the pages of your textbook, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply