Intern - GIS (Aviation) *Summer 2023*
Do you have a strong interest in applying your knowledge to projects within the realm of architecture, engineering, and planning? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can make an impact, work on a variety of projects, and be provided with challenges to continuously learn and expand your responsibilities? If you answered “yes,” then consider joining our aviation team as a GIS Intern in Saint Paul, MN!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside planners and engineers to perform spatial and 3D analysis, develop maps/exhibits for a variety of projects including Airport Master Plans and Airport Layout Plans (ALPs), as well as work with newly launched photogrammetry and LiDAR projects. You will work seamlessly between a GIS desktop environment and ArcGIS Online, perform data conversion between CAD drawings and GIS, manage geodatabases, interpret aerial imagery, engineering schematics, and GIS data, and build web and mobile applications.
The ideal candidate would be available to work 40 hours per week with occasional overtime throughout the summer of 2023 from mid-May through mid-August. This position would primarily work from our office in downtown Saint Paul, MN; however, there may be instances in which this position would be provided with flexible / hybrid work arrangements.
***Out-of-state students are encouraged to apply and may be eligible for housing assistance.***
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Undergraduate pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Geography, or Urban Planning.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills demonstrated by an ability to participate in group discussions during plan reviews and project team meetings, and an ability to assist with the collection and presentation of technical information and documentation.
- Working knowledge of ESRI desktop software (ArcMap 10.X, ArcGIS Pro).
- Previous experience or training with AutoCAD; Ability to convert data between AutoCAD and GIS.
- Previous experience with Web Application Programming Interface (API) using ArcGIS Online.
- Previous experience collecting and processing data related to the creation and management of geodatabases.
- Working knowledge of GIS scripting languages such as ESRI’s Arcade, Java Script or Python.
- Familiarity with .kmz/.kml spatial data files.
- Previous experience conducting topographic surveys.
Click the link below to learn more about the TKDA Internship Experience:
If you are looking for a hands-on internship opportunity where you can apply your knowledge to challenges outside the pages of your textbook, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply