Intern - Accounting *Summer 2023*
Are you an undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Accounting or Finance? Are you looking for a hands-on learning experience where you can apply your classroom knowledge and contribute to real world business processes? If so, then consider joining our team this summer as an Accounting Intern in downtown Saint Paul!
As a member of our Finance team, you will work in a professional and fast-paced environment to provide accounting support and services across all departments and locations. On a daily basis, you will collaborate with Accountants, Contracts Specialists, and Engineering and Architecture professionals to complete project closeouts, reconcile GL and bank accounts, receive and code AP invoices for posting, assist with journal entry input, review employee expense reports and accounting research.
The ideal candidate would be available to work 40 hours per week with occasional overtime throughout the summer of 2023 from mid-May through mid-August. This position would primarily work from our office in downtown Saint Paul, MN; however, there may be instances in which this position would be provided with flexible / hybrid work arrangements.
***Out-of-state students are encouraged to apply and may be eligible for housing assistance.***
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Undergraduate pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong organization skills demonstrated by an ability to plan, prioritize, and juggle multiple requests/tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with other members of the Finance team and employees throughout the organization.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and independently to complete tasks.
- High level of integrity and discretion demonstrated by previous experience handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Positive, professional, helpful demeanor, with a passion for providing exceptional customer service.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and data accuracy.
- Completion of intermediate Accounting and/or Finance classes.
- Exposure to ERP business-management software.
Click the link below to learn more about the TKDA Internship Experience:
If you are looking for a hands-on internship opportunity where you can apply your knowledge to challenges outside the pages of your textbook, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply