Human Resources Generalist
Are you an experienced Human Resources professional who wants to learn, grow, and take on new challenges on a regular basis? Are you looking for an opportunity to work alongside a team of highly-collaborative HR professionals where your contributions and creative ‘out of the box’ ideas will be recognized and rewarded? If so, then consider joining our employee-owned team as a Human Resources Generalist!
As a member of our team, you will have a front-row seat to all the action that goes on at TKDA. One focus area will be learning and development, where you organize, analyze, develop, and support learning and development efforts throughout the company. You may research various employee training options and communicate your findings and recommendations. You may also assist in the implementation of a new Learning Management System (LMS). On occasion, you will also be exposed to various HR-related activities and projects including the summer internship program, the mentorship program, benefit administration, campus recruitment, workforce planning, HRIS optimization, and more.
You will become involved with a wide range of day-to-day activities related to employee relations, compensation and benefit administration, talent acquisition, talent management and engagement, and safety. You will also assist with the implementation of a new Learning Management System (LMS) and contribute to the development, implementation, and administration and enhancement of new and existing HR programs, and contribute to the development and delivery of strategic HR initiatives including employee learning and development, leadership development, succession planning, mentorship, and more.
Since TKDA is growing across all disciplines, divisions, and locations, the initial focus of your responsibilities will be on evaluating, developing, and implementing process improvements to create efficient and timely workflows. You will take on an active role with the communication and administration of employee benefits, leaves of absence, and wellness initiatives. You will also be responsible for maintaining employee information within our HRIS, serving as a point of contact for employee questions and concerns, assisting with the interpretation and development of HR policies, staying up-to-date on government (federal, state, and/or city) reporting requirements, and participating in office committees and events to build working relationships with team members throughout the organization. In addition, you will assist with the recruitment and selection of engineering and design professionals and partner with leadership to manage employee relations, talent management, and employee development.
Note: Flexible / hybrid work arrangements (3 days in office / 2 days remote per week) will be considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated an ability to work and/or learn successfully in a remote work environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration with an emphasis on Human Resources.
- Minimum of five years of HR Generalist experience with progressive responsibilities that are within the scope of this opportunity.
- Prior experience organizing, analyzing, developing, and supporting learning and development efforts in a corporate setting.
- Experience documenting HR processes, identifying best practices and implementing HRIS solutions to improve employee and manager user experiences; experience implementing systems solutions and training users.
- Experience supporting benefit administration, including employee communication, enrollment (new hire, qualifying event, open enrollment, etc.), and termination (COBRA).
- Experience administering leaves of absence programs in accordance with federal, state, and/or city regulations including short term disability, parental, FMLA, ADA, FFCRA, etc.
- Experience developing reports in response to government (federal, state, and/or city) regulations affecting HR and business functions.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to participate in team discussions, interact with employees at all levels within an organization, and engage in conversation with prospective candidates.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to write professional and articulate letters and memos, email correspondences, reports, and presentations; Comfortable presenting or speaking in front of small groups and facilitating conversations.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team setting and function independently.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks and responsibilities in a fast-past environment; aptitude to quickly assimilate new information.
- High degree of organization, attention to detail, and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive or confidential information.
- Prior experience researching and recommending training programs or curriculum design and delivery methods within a corporate, professional, and geographically dispersed environment.
- Experience with full lifecycle recruitment including creating job postings, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, and preparing offer documentation.
- Previous experience working with ADP Workforce Now.
- Previous experience working within a professional services environment.