Group Manager - Mechanical Engineering
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals is looking for an experienced mechanical engineer with engaging leadership skills, a demonstrated ability to cultivate and enhance relationships with prospective and current clients, and a vast knowledge of various mechanical systems to join our team as the Mechanical Group Manager within our Facilities Engineering division in Saint Paul.
As a Group Manager, you will be responsible for the growth, direction, financial performance, and leadership of our Facilities Engineering Mechanical team, which focuses on HVAC, Balance of Plant, and Process mechanical system design for education, government, energy, food, and Industrial clients. As a leader, you will coach and mentor a talented team of engineering professionals and be responsible for their professional development in relation to overall team objectives and their professional aspirations.
You will also serve as a Project Manager and collaborate with a multi-disciplined team of engineering (civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural) and design professionals to evaluate the scope, complexity and scheduling requirements of various projects, manage overall project and discipline budgets, coordinate planning strategies to ensure successful project execution from conception through construction, and negotiate contracts . You will also leverage your technical knowledge to provide and oversee quality assurance and quality control efforts. You may also serve as the lead mechanical engineer on projects.
Under our “Seller-Doer” approach to business development, you will collaborate with the Vice President of Facilities Engineering, Market Managers, and other Group Managers to develop and implement a marketing plan, track prospective business opportunities, make strategic decisions for project pursuits, lead proposal development efforts, and represent TKDA at project interviews. You will also be expected to cultivate and maintain relations with key decision makers and representatives of current and prospective clients by attending local and regional conferences and networking events.
TKDA provides employees who have demonstrated an ability to work successfully in a hybrid work environment by displaying self-motivation, initiative, teamwork, and strong communication skills the flexibility and necessary equipment to work remotely during the week.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in Mechanical Engineering.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota.
- Fifteen or more years of progressive design experience with project experience and mechanical design knowledge of commercial (HVAC and Plumbing) and Industrial (Balance of Plant) systems
- Minimum of five years of experience directly managing a diverse portfolio of multi-disciplined projects; ability to display knowledge associated with working with other disciplines on larger projects: Architecture, Civil, Electrical, Structural, etc.
- Minimum of two years of business development experience demonstrated by a track record of cultivating, nurturing, and deepening client relations and an ability to identify and capitalize on new business opportunities; prior experience pursuing and securing project opportunities in new or emerging markets and locations / regions preferred.
- Prior experience coaching, developing, or leading mechanical engineering professionals (engineers, designers, technicians) or project teams with varying years of experience and diverse collection of technical competencies.
- Previous involvement in the overall interviewing and selection process of mechanical engineering professionals.
- Previous experience preparing thorough and articulate technical reports assessing existing mechanical systems for deficiencies, improvements, and/or replacement.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Power Point, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to apply effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills when developing proposals, preparing specifications and technical reports, conducting project interviews, leading team meetings, and engaging in discussions related to business operations.
- Previous experience contributing to or developing annual business plans and multi-year strategic plans to meet project, division, and corporate revenue and profit goals.
- Ability to work outside normal hours of operations and travel up to 10% as needed for project meetings and on-site client consultations.
- Professional registration in multiple states.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Previous experience with site, facility, and industrial process system design.
If this is the leadership opportunity you have been looking for, then look no further! Express your interest in joining our employee-owned team by submitting your resume for consideration today!Apply