Graduate / Professional Engineer - Structural
We are growing and we are looking for a Graduate Structural Engineer or recently licensed Professional Structural Engineer to join our multi-disciplined Facilities Engineering team in Duluth, MN. As a member of our team, you will work alongside civil, electrical, mechanical, rail, and other structural engineering professionals to design a variety of facilities within industrial, government, education, and mining market sectors throughout Minnesota and across the country.
You will become engaged in the full life cycle of projects from conception through construction by conducting site assessments, developing construction documents and plans, and observing construction operations. You will have the opportunity to apply and expand your knowledge of steel, cast-in-place concrete, and precast concrete design and develop creative solutions for new construction as well as expansion, renovation, conversion, and reinforcement project types.
Your primary responsibilities will consist of designing and analyzing structural components and systems on multi-discipline industrial and commercial projects (consisting of structural steel, cast-in-place concrete, precast concrete and CMU materials), developing contract documents (plans and specifications) in coordination with other disciplines and external stakeholders, preparing calculation packages, reviewing structural submittals during construction, conducting construction observations, and composing technical reports.
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university with a structural emphasis.
- Three to five years of progressive structural design experience.
- Proficiency with RISA 3D or Ram Structural System, MathCAD, and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Working knowledge of structural steel, CMU and cast-in-place concrete design.
- Previous experience conducting condition assessments of existing structures.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to apply effective verbal and written communication skills when writing specifications and reports, participating in project team discussions, and interacting with clients and contractors.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 15%) for team meetings, client consultations, site inspections/visits, etc.
- Strong time management skills demonstrated by an ability to budget / allocate / prioritize time spent on multiple projects with concurrent schedules.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota or ability to pursue registration upon employment.
- Masters in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis.
- Experience with industrial facility structure inspection, analysis and design.
- Working knowledge and previous experience with post-tension concrete design and inspection.
- MSHA certification.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply