Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of design and engineering professionals is looking for a planning professional who wants to leverage and expand their planning and community engagement skills.
As a member of our growing transportation planning team, you will collaborate with a group of talented and innovative architecture, engineering, and planning professionals in an open-minded and energizing work environment to further enhance and advance our planning and community engagement services. You will become engaged in all aspects of the design process, starting with community and stakeholder engagement to planning documentation and program management.
In this position, you will be responsible for the development of schematic designs, land use planning, comprehensive plans, corridor studies, and transportation plans. On occasion, you may be assigned as a task lead or assist in planning, coordinating, and monitoring various quality and financial aspects of projects. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your ability to reach and engage with a diverse audience of stakeholders and community groups through meetings, workshops, open houses, as well as manage online engagement forums and focus groups. You will also have the opportunity to showcase your visual communication talents by developing communication and marketing materials and other graphics. You will work in a collaborative environment assisting both the municipal and transportation planners on a wide range of opportunities.
Note: Flexible/hybrid work arrangements will be available for those who have demonstrated an ability to learn and work successfully in a remote work environment by displaying self-motivation, initiative, teamwork, and strong communication skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Planning, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture or related field.
- Upcoming graduate (May 2022) or up to four years of progressive experience completing planning documents including comprehensive plans and corridor studies and facilitating community engagement activities.
- Knowledge of planning principles surrounding planning and zoning matters.
- Proficiency with graphics and illustrations and a working knowledge of the Adobe Suite and a demonstrated ability to effectively convey ideas and educate end users on planning concepts and activities through visualizations.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with an understanding of data management and ArcGIS.
- Knowledge of innovative, effective and inclusive community engagement strategies; demonstrated ability to make decisions based on community and cultural standards.
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication skills when preparing technical reports and documentation, participating in project team meetings, and interacting with community members and clients; ability to scale and present technical information to small and large audiences.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office Suite applications (Word, Outlook, Teams, etc.).
- Strong organization skills demonstrated by an ability to plan, prioritize, and juggle a variety of tasks between varying phases of multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record and have the ability to travel throughout the Twin Cities metro to attend project meetings, conduct on-site assessments, and facilitate community engagement meetings/events; ability/flexibility to attend occasional evening and/or weekend meetings and travel overnight.
- AICP certification within 3-5 years of start date.
- Prior experience preparing and submitting funding solicitation applications.
- Prior experience developing conceptual project graphics.
- Prior experience contributing to the preparation of proposals, contract documentation, fee estimates, budgets, and schedules.
- Working knowledge of online mapping software.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a growing, challenging, creative, and highly collaborative environment where you will have the opportunity to leverage your passions and talents and take ownership of your professional development, then apply today to join our team!