Graduate Engineer - Water Resources
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team, has an opportunity available for a Graduate Water Resources Engineer to join our Surface Transportation team in Saint Paul, MN!
As a member of our Surface Transportation team, you will join a group Engineers, Designers, and Technicians who have established a reputation for designing complex, safe, and efficient transportation infrastructure systems for the Department of Transportation, local agencies, and design/build contractors. While working directly with a Professional Engineer or Hydrologist, you will be responsible for the design, modeling, and plan development of storm water drainage systems.
Note: Flexible / hybrid work arrangements (3 days in office / 2 days remote per week) will be considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated an ability to work and/or learn successfully in a remote work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in water resources or hydrology / hydraulics.
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification.
- Upcoming graduate or professional with up to four years of experience in drainage design and plan development for transportation and/or site design projects.
- Previous experience or training with CADD software (Microstation and AutoCAD).
- Strong interpersonal skills; Ability to work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to write descriptive and technically accurate specifications and reports.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Previous experience with GIS and drainage software (SWMM, P8, HEC programs).
- Knowledge of MnDOT design and plan standards.