Graduate Engineer - Traffic
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals has an opportunity available for a Graduate Traffic Engineer to join our Surface Transportation team in Saint Paul!
As a member of our Surface Transportation team in downtown Saint Paul, you will join a group Engineers, Designers, and Technicians who have established a reputation for generating safe and efficient designs for complex transportation infrastructure systems for the Department of Transportation, local agencies, and design-build contractors. While working directly with Professional Engineers, you will be responsible for observing and collecting traffic data, completing intersection evaluations and corridor studies, and conducting analyses using simulation and modeling software. You will also be responsible for preparing preliminary and final designs and developing construction plans for traffic signals, construction staging, maintenance of traffic, and signing / striping.
Note: Flexible / hybrid work arrangements (3 days in office / 2 days remote per week) will be considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated an ability to work and/or learn successfully in a remote work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in traffic or transportation engineering.
- Upcoming graduate (May 2023) or experienced professional with up to three years related design and plan development experience.
- EIT Certification.
- Strong interpersonal skills; Ability to work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Previous experience or training with AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- Master’s degree in traffic engineering.
- Prior experience or general working knowledge of traffic analyses software, including Synchro / SimTraffic, VISSIM, RODEL, or CORSIM.