Graduate Engineer - Structural (Bridge)
At TKDA, a 100% employee-owned firm, our culture thrives on collaboration, sharing of ideas, and open communication. Success is achieved by our entire team working towards a common goal to provide innovative design solutions, which means you will be challenged and encouraged to be an engaged team member. As a member of our Surface Transportation team in downtown Saint Paul, you will join a group Engineers, Designers, and Technicians who have established a reputation for designing complex, safe, and efficient transportation infrastructure systems for the Department of Transportation, local agencies, and design/build contractors.
We are seeking a Graduate Bridge Engineer to join our team. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare and review structural design calculations of highway bridges, pedestrian bridges, railroad bridges and retaining walls.
- Prepare and review construction plans.
- Complete load rating calculations.
- Complete field inspections and prepare technical reports.
- Being an effective team member on multi-discipline transportation projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structural Engineering.
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification or have the ability to pass the exam within six months of employment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- One to two years of previous experience with bridge design and plan preparation.
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering.
- Previous field / internship experience related to structural engineering or bridge design.
- Previous training or experience with Mathcad, STAAD, MicroStation and Geopak.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued and recognized, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply