Graduate Engineer - Mechanical
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals has an exciting opportunity for you to join our Facilities Engineering-Mechanical team in Duluth as a Graduate Mechanical Engineer!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside Mechanical Engineers, Designers and Technicians to develop plans and prepare studies, design specifications, and detailed drawings for various mechanical systems ranging from HVAC and plumbing systems to balance of plant system design for industrial utilities, district heating / cooling, and renewable energy systems. You will also assist with the creation of process flow diagrams and equipment arrangement drawings, mechanical piping, and plumbing, fire protection and HVAC systems. On occasion, you will assist with construction administration responsibilities including interpreting plans, observing construction progress, and maintaining reports to ensure installation conforms with plans and specifications.
In addition to working alongside Mechanical Engineering professionals, you will work within a multi-disciplined environment and collaborate with Architectural and Civil, Mechanical, and Structural Engineering professionals. You will also have the opportunity to work on variety of unique and challenging projects throughout the country, ranging from lecture halls and educational facilities, to production plants and mining facilities.
For this opportunity, we are seeking candidates to join our team from our Duluth location. Hybrid schedules with flexible work arrangements will be strongly considered for self-starter and self-sufficient individuals who have demonstrated their ability to work and/or learn successfully in a remote work environment.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited program.
- Upcoming graduate to experienced professional with up to three years of progressive experience designing various commercial and/or industrial mechanical systems.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to write specifications and reports and participate in project team meeting discussions.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 15%) for team meetings, client consultations, site inspections/visits, etc.; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Successful completion of the EIT / FE exam.
- Previous experience or coursework related to designing mechanical and/or processing systems.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit MEP or similar 3D design software.