Graduate Engineer - Electrical (Railroad Services)
Are you an Electrical Engineer seeking the opportunity to work on a variety of industrial power / lighting / signal system design projects throughout the country? If so, then we have an exciting opportunity available for you to join our Rail team as a Graduate Engineer in Saint Paul, MN!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside a multi-disciplined team of Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, and Structural) and Architecture professionals to provide services for Class I, short line, and passenger railroads throughout the country. From schematic design through construction, you will work on a variety of project types, including fueling facilities, loading and unloading facilities, maintenance facilities, tank farms, pump houses, and more. With these projects, you will assist with the development of detailed construction documents, including site plans, equipment layouts, floorplan layouts, industrial controls and control systems, primary and secondary electrical distribution, transformers, lighting, communications, and energy conservation.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program and successful completion of EIT / FE Exam.
- Professional with 1-5 years of experience designing building electrical systems – power, lighting, and signal (phone, fire alarm, and security).
- Proficiency with electrical drafting using AutoCAD or AutoCAD Electrical.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to write specifications and reports and participate in project team meeting discussions.
- Ability to travel up to 30% (up to 50% maximum based on workload) for team meetings, client consultations, site assessments / inspections, etc.; Occasional overnight travel will be required.
- Previous experience or coursework related to designing electrical systems for industrial facilities, site operations, site utility and yard lighting, or industrial control systems.
- Previous experience or training with Visual or similar lighting software.
- Previous experience preparing electrical fee estimates for Requests for Proposal responses.
- Previous experience working on a multi-disciplined team; understanding of drafting knowledge associated with other disciplines; Architecture, Civil, Mechanical, Structural, etc.
If you have an interest in working in a challenging and highly-collaborative environment, then look no further! Submit your resume for consideration by applying on-line today.Apply