Graduate Engineer - Electrical (Aviation)
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals is looking for a Graduate Engineer who has experience or is interested in designing a variety of aviation electrical systems including lighting, controls, and power distribution for commercial and general aviation airports.
As a member of our team, you will work alongside a multi-disciplined group of Architectural, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Structural professionals to provide an array of services on various airport and aviation projects. You will have the opportunity to assist experienced team members who will work alongside of you and help develop your career. Depending on your experience, you will design or assist in the design on various electrical only and multi-disciplined projects. Responsibilities would include designing the electrical components related to power distribution, control systems, emergency generators, NAVAIDS, airfield lighting, and security and communications systems. You will also have the opportunity to perform construction administration and inspection/observation duties.
For this opportunity we are seeking a motivated candidate who preferably resides near our Saint Paul, MN or Bloomington, MN office.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college/university in Electrical Engineering.
- Recent graduate or experienced engineer with up to four years of previous experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to write specifications and reports and lead and/or participate in discussions during team meetings, project meetings, and client consultations.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Power Point, etc.).
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 15%) for team meetings, client consultations, site assessments, and construction inspections; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Aviation electrical system design experience including airport lighting, signage, series circuit, controls, NAVAIDS, power distribution, stand-by generators, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), and communication systems.
- Successful completion of EIT / FE Exam
- Proficiency with electrical drafting using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experience working with SKM Power Tools
- Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Previous experience with FAA Advisory Circulars and Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC).
- Professional registration.
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for, then express your interest in joining our employee-owned team by submitting your resume today!Apply