Graduate Architect (Railroad Services)
If you are a recent architecture graduate or an experienced design professional who has an entrepreneurial-spirit and an interest in design of commercial and industrial facilities, consider joining our team as a Graduate Architect in Downers Grove, IL! Our office is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Downers Grove close to restaurants, shops and just one block from the BNSF line train station.
As a member of our team, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplined team of highly talented and innovative design and engineering professionals. From schematic design through construction, you will become engaged in the full life cycle of a variety of new or renovated facilities projects for Class I Railroads and Mass Transit organizations throughout the country.
As a Graduate Architect, you will be responsible for developing schematic designs, assisting with specification preparation and edits, and preparing construction documentation. On occasion, you will also conduct site assessments and perform construction inspections to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design plans and standards.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- NAAB Accredited Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture.
- Recent graduate or experienced professional with up to four years of design experience.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD; working knowledge of graphics applications including Sketch-Up, Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills when preparing technical reports and documentation, and participating in project team meetings.
- Ability to travel to attend project meetings, conduct on-site consultations and assessments, and meet with team members at other TKDA office locations;
- Occasional overnight travel will be required.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Previous experience working on multi-disciplined project teams (including electrical, mechanical, and structural).
- Previous experience conducting site and facility assessments and performing construction observation and inspection services.
- Previous commercial and / or industrial facility design experience.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued and recognized, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply