Intern - Electrical Engineering *Summer 2023*
Are you an undergraduate pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on power, lighting, or signal system design? Are you looking for an opportunity that will allow you to put your academic knowledge to work to address some of today’s engineering challenges? If so, then we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team this summer as an Electrical Engineering Intern within our Facilities Engineering Division in downtown Saint Paul!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside Professional Engineers, Designers, and Technicians to assist with the preparation of studies, design specifications, and detailed drawings for detailed drawings for building electrical systems. You may also assist with construction administration responsibilities including interpreting plans, observing construction operations, and maintaining reports to ensure construction conforms to plans and specifications.
In addition to working alongside Electrical Engineering professionals, you will work within a multi-disciplined environment and collaborate with Mechanical, Civil, and Structural Engineering and Architecture professionals to provide an array of services for a number of unique projects located across the country, including government and educational facilities, manufacturing and processing plants, maintenance and material handling facilities, industrial site operations, and transportation operations.
The ideal candidate would be available to work 40 hours per week with occasional overtime throughout the summer of 2023 from mid-May through mid-August. This position would primarily work from our office in downtown Saint Paul, MN; however, there may be instances in which this position would be provided with flexible / hybrid work arrangements.
***Out-of-state students are encouraged to apply and may be eligible for housing assistance.***
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Undergraduate pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program.
- Previous internship/field experience, previous coursework, or strong interest in designing building electrical systems: power, lighting, and signal (phone, fire alarm, and security).
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Previous experience or formal training with AutoCAD and Revit MEP or similar 3D design software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; Ability to ask questions, engage in discussions with team members, and assist with technical report and specification preparation.
- Ability to travel locally as needed for project assignments, team meetings, site visits, etc.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- General understanding of drafting techniques and construction plan development practices.
- Previous experience or training with Revit and/or AutoCAD.
- Previous experience developing construction plans and specifications.
- Previous experience or training with Visual or similar lighting software.
Click the link below to learn more about the TKDA Internship Experience:
If you are looking for a hands-on internship opportunity where you can apply your knowledge to challenges outside the pages of your textbook, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply