Engineering Specialist - Track Design
If you are an experienced Civil Engineering Technician / Designer looking for an opportunity to be challenged, be exposed to a variety of projects, and be a member of a collaborative team, look no further!
As a member of our Rail team in San Bernardino, you will work alongside a team of Engineers, Designers, and Technicians to design various site and linear projects for Class I Railroads throughout the country. Using Microstation and AutoCAD, you will make contributions on a variety of projects ranging from mainline and siding track design to intermodal and switch yard design by drafting preliminary designs, developing alignments and profiles, calculating quantities and cost estimates, and creating construction documentation. On occasion, you will also be responsible for visiting project sites to perform preliminary surveys, construction staking, and construction observation duties.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Combination of education and work experience that totals a minimum of five years of experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Civil Engineering Technology or related field and 3 or more years of progressive design experience with an emphasis on transportation projects (roadway/highway or track design).
- High School Diploma/GED and five or more years of progressive design experience with an emphasis on transportation projects (roadway/highway or track design).
- Proficiency with Microstation and AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to ask questions, exchange and solicit information, and engage in discussions with team members and other internal contacts.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently on projects and communicate potential issues and challenges related to progress in relation to project schedules and budgets.
- Previous experience with Inroads and/or Civil 3D.
- Knowledge of FRA and AREMA design standards and specifications.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!