Electrical Engineer - Instrumentation and Controls
If you are an Instrumentation & Controls (I&C) Engineer who has extensive experience with industrial, rail / transit, or water/wastewater process and facilities controls design, we have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to join our Facilities Engineering team in downtown Saint Paul!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside a multidiscipline team of Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, and Structural) and Architecture professionals to provide technical and design consulting services to support projects by producing I&C design, construction drawings and providing PLC/HMI programming for industrial, rail, and water/wastewater treatment facilities.
You will assume the role as discipline lead when assigned to larger multidiscipline projects and as project manager for I&C only projects where you will define project scope, manage discipline / project budget and schedule, and provide technical oversight and guidance to project team members. You will be responsible for the preparation of instrumentation and control system plans, conduit/cable schedules, instrumentation schedules, P&ID loop diagrams, elementary drawings, I/O schedules, and technical specifications. You will also be responsible for developing graphical user interfaces, PLC operator interfaces, and/or SCADA platform logic and perform system start-up and commissioning services.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug screening requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or related field.
- Ten (10) or more years of progressive experience designing industrial controls systems (site, facility, and process).
- Advanced Knowledge of PLC controls along with SCADA and/or DCS configuration experience.
- Previous experience with IT configuration and security and field networks
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Power Point, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to write specifications and reports and lead and/or participate in discussions during client consultations and project team meetings.
- Project management experience or progressive experience leading controls system design for I&C only or multidiscipline projects.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 15%) to conduct site assessments, plant reviews, contractor pre-bid walk-throughs, construction kick-off meetings, construction observation, commissioning, and project closeout; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota or ability to obtain registration.
- Experience designing process automation and/or industrial power distribution systems.
- Experience configuring VFDs, pressure, flow, temperature, and/or analytical instrumentation.
- Experience creating process flow diagrams, piping and instrument diagrams, and equipment general arrangement drawings.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical.
- Experience coordinating with other disciplines on a larger projects: Architecture, Civil, Electrical, Structural, etc.
- Experience responding to requests for proposals, including estimating electrical design fees and construction costs.
- Experience preparing technical assessment reports of existing controls systems outlining deficiencies, improvements, and/or replacements.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a challenging and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply