Professional Engineer - Electrical (Aviation)
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals is looking for an Electrical Engineer who has progressive experience designing a variety of aviation electrical systems including lighting, controls, and power distribution for commercial and general aviation airports.
As a member of our team, you will work alongside a multi-disciplined group of Architectural, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Structural professionals to provide an array of services on various airport and aviation projects. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work on airfield projects at MSP International Airport along with work at numerous general aviation airport. Our team also supports on number of the airlines on a wide variety of projects. Depending on your knowledge and expertise of aviation electrical systems, you will serve as either the electrical lead or design engineer on various electrical only and multi-disciplined projects and be responsible for scoping and designing the electrical components related to power distribution, control systems, emergency generators, NAVAIDS, airfield lighting, and security and communications systems. You may also be responsible for conducting QA/QC reviews and performing construction administration and inspection/observation duties.
Depending on experience, you will have the opportunity to share your knowledge and professional experiences as you mentor less experienced team members who will work alongside of you. You will review the design calculations, analyses, load ratings, estimates, and specifications of other team members and propose revisions as necessary. In addition, you will serve as a project manager to lead electrical only and multi-disciplined project teams and be responsible for the development of project scopes, budgets, invoices, schedules, and progress reports as well as overseeing and reviewing the work performed by others in accordance with TKDA’s QA/QC guidelines.
Furthermore, under our “Seller-Doer” approach to business development, you will collaborate with the Electrical Group Manager as well as Market Managers and Vice Presidents from our Aviation and Facilities Engineering divisions to further advance our aviation electrical services by contributing to the development of marketing plans, cultivating / maintaining relations with clients and agency representatives, tracking prospective opportunities, and responding to proposals.
For this opportunity we are seeking a professional who preferably resides near our Saint Paul, MN office; however, remote accommodations will be strongly considered for experienced professionals who are self-starter, self-sufficient professionals with a demonstrated ability to work successfully in a remote work environment.
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of one year of progressive and successful experience designing electrical only and multi-disciplined projects; strong working knowledge of the project development process including coordination with other disciplines (architecture, civil, mechanical, and structural) during design and construction.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD; working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to write specifications and reports and lead and/or participate in discussions during team meetings, project meetings, and client consultations.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Power Point, etc.).
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 15%) for team meetings, client consultations, site assessments, and construction inspections; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Professional registration in additional states.
- Prior experience implementing a thorough QA/QC review process and an ability to demonstrate accountability of self and others in adherence to performance standards.
- Business development experience demonstrated by a track record of securing new project opportunities and/or airport clients.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced professionals with an emphasis on technical design standards, quality control, and/or project management practices.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer
- Five to ten years of progressive aviation electrical system design experience including airport lighting, signage, series circuit, controls, NAVAIDS, power distribution, stand-by generators, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), and communication systems.
- Prior experience managing aviation electrical projects in excess of $100,000 in design fees.
- Extensive experience preparing technical assessment reports of existing aviation electrical systems for deficiencies, improvements, and/or replacement.
- Thorough understanding and extensive application of FAA Advisory Circulars and Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC).
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for, then express your interest in joining our employee-owned team by submitting your resume today!Apply