Technician - Mechanical Engineering (Facilities)
If you are looking for an opportunity to work alongside a team of highly collaborative mechanical engineering professionals where you can fully utilize and enhance your drafting skills to design HVAC, piping, and plumbing systems, then we have an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for you to join our team as a Mechanical Designer in Saint Paul, MN!
As a member of our team, you will join a multi-disciplined group of engineering (mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural) and architecture professionals to deliver building and facility design for a diverse client base in our industrial, government, education, and mining markets. In this role, you will have the opportunity to assist with the drafting & design of mechanical system projects by preparing drawings through the utilization of AutoCAD, Revit MEP, and other design applications. In this position, you will also be responsible for performing basic mechanical calculations and completing redline revisions.
- Associate’s Degree or Certification in Mechanical System Design, Mechanical Drafting, Mechanical Engineering Technology, CAD Technology, or related field.
- One to five years of mechanical drafting / design experience with an emphasis on design of HVAC, plumbing, and piping systems.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and experience using one or more of the following 3D design production software programs Revit or Plant 3D.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Previous experience with layout of ductwork and piping systems in a 3D environment.
- Previous experience working with Revit.
- Previous experience drafting / designing fire protection systems.
- Familiarity with process flow diagrams and/or piping & instrumentation diagrams.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply