Designer - Electrical Engineering (Facilities)
If you have experience working within the MEP industry and enjoy designing a wide range of electrical systems using the latest BIM technology, then consider joining our team as an Electrical Engineering Designer in Saint Paul!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside a multi-disciplined group of professionals to design electrical systems for a portfolio of industrial, government, education, and mining facility projects. Through the use of Revit, you will develop detailed 3D models and 2D drawings, which will include site plans; power / signal / lighting / plans; one-lines; communication network drawings; conduit, luminaire, transformer, panelboard, protective device, and equipment schedules; equipment section, elevation, and layout details. On occasion, you may travel to conduct building surveys and field verifications.
- Associate Degree or Certification in Electrical System Design, Electrical Engineering Technology, Engineering CAD Technology, or related field.
- Previous experience designing low voltage systems, including fire protection, phone/data and security camera, and access control is a plus.
- Five or more years of previous experience with an emphasis on electrical design for a variety of building and industrial power, lighting, and signal.
- Proficiency with Revit MEP; strong understanding of drafting standards and symbols and demonstrated ability to develop, edit, and maintain families and libraries.
- Understanding of the constructability or installation associated with electrical system design; previous experience conducting field verifications / inspections and construction observations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail; ability to coordinate design requirements and deadlines with other disciplines.
- Ability to travel up to 10% as needed for building surveys, construction administration, field inspections/verifications, etc.; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering Technology or related field.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD MEP.
- Previous experience with Visual or similar lighting software is preferred.
- Previous experience with BlueBeam.
- Previous experience utilizing Navisworks for clash detection and collision reporting.
- Previous experience training or instructing Technicians and Designers on the operation of Revit, AutoCAD, and other design applications / software.
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC), load calculations, short circuit calculations, and circuit schedules.
- Familiarity with photometric calculation and arc flash software.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply