Are you an experienced contracts specialist who has strong knowledge of how to administer contracts and professional services agreements? Are you seeking an opportunity that will challenge you, allow you expand your responsibilities, and enhance your knowledge and understanding of business and contractual law? If so, we want to hear from you!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside Corporate Counsel and other Contracts Specialists in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment. You will collaborate with architecture and engineering professionals to identify and mitigate risks and maximize opportunities during the proposal and contract negotiation process. You will primarily be responsible for executing TKDA’s contract administration process, which consists of but is not limited to: reviewing proposals, contracts, and other legal documentation; cataloging revisions and comments; researching applicable jurisdictional laws and requirements; reviewing insurance documentation; managing a contract database; preparing contracts, amendments, and sub-consultant agreements; and communicating directly with internal and external clients.
Note: For this opportunity we are seeking an experienced contracts professional who resides up to 100 miles from our Saint Paul (MN), Duluth (MN), or Downers Grove (IL) office and has the ability to travel to the assigned office on a regular basis. Remote accommodations will be considered for those who have demonstrated an ability to work successfully in a remote work environment by displaying self-motivation, initiative, teamwork, and strong communication skills.
- Associate degree or Certificate in Business, Business Law, Paralegal Studies, or related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience preparing contract documentation in a corporate or professional services environment.
- General understanding of commercial insurance.
- Exceptional verbal and written legal communication and proofing / editing skills and a demonstrated ability to recognize proper use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Extensive experience and thorough working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong organization skills demonstrated by the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; experience using technology and resources efficiently.
- Experience handling confidential information and documentation and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Strict adherence to ethics and professional conduct.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Business Law, Paralegal Studies, or related field.
- Previous experience within the Architecture / Engineering / Construction industry, especially previous experience working with industry contracts, such as AIA, DBIA, EJCDC, and ConsensusDocs contracts.
- Previous experience with Deltek Vision software.
- Familiarity with state and federal acquisition requirements, especially as they relate to professional design services.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply