Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals is seeking an experience contracts professional who has strong knowledge of how to administer contracts and professional services agreements.
As a member of our team, you will work alongside the Chief Legal Officer and other experienced Contracts Specialists in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment. You will collaborate with architecture and engineering professionals to identify and mitigate risks and maximize opportunities during the proposal and contract negotiation process for various projects throughout the country. You will primarily be responsible for executing TKDA’s contract administration process, including: preparing and reviewing proposals, contracts, and other legal documents; tracking revisions and comments during negotiations; researching applicable jurisdictional laws and requirements; reviewing insurance and compliance documentation; managing a contract database; and communicating directly with internal and external clients. Special consideration will be given to applicants with experience in programing or developing database and workflow software systems, such as DocuWare and DocuSign.
Note: Flexible / hybrid work arrangements (3 days in office / 2 days remote per week) will be considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated an ability to work and/or learn successfully in a remote work environment. Additionally, because Downers Grove is a branch office, we are looking for a candidate who can connect across disciplines in their office environment.
- Associate degree or Certificate in Business, Business Law, Paralegal Studies, or related field.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressive experience preparing, editing, and negotiating contract documentation for construction, capital improvement projects, or professional services.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent initiative and judgement in reviewing and preparing contract documentation and identifying potential concerns or conflicts.
- Exceptional verbal and written legal communication and proofing / editing skills and a demonstrated ability to recognize proper use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Extensive experience and thorough working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong organization skills demonstrated by the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; experience using technology and resources efficiently.
- Experience handling and maintaining confidential information and documentation.
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Strict adherence to ethics and professional conduct.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Business Law, Paralegal Studies, or related field.
- Prior experience reviewing contract documentation within the built environment; ability to understand the difference between prescriptive (design-bid-build) and performance (design-build) specifications.
- Previous experience with DocuWare, DocuSign or similar cloud-based document management and workflow solutions.
- Previous experience with Deltek enterprise systems (Vision or Vantagepoint preferred).
- General understanding of commercial insurance programs.
- Familiarity with state and federal acquisition requirements, especially as they relate to professional design services.