Contract Specialist / Administrator
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals is seeking an experience contracts professional who has strong knowledge of how to administer contracts and professional services agreements.
As a member of our team, you will work alongside Corporate Counsel and other Contracts Specialists in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment. You will collaborate with architecture and engineering professionals to identify and mitigate risks and maximize opportunities during the proposal and contract negotiation process. You will primarily be responsible for executing TKDA’s contract administration process, which consists of but is not limited to: reviewing proposals, contracts, and other legal documentation; cataloging revisions and comments; researching applicable jurisdictional laws and requirements; reviewing insurance documentation; managing a contract database; preparing contracts, amendments, and sub-consultant agreements; and communicating directly with internal and external clients.
Note: Flexible / hybrid work arrangements (3 days in office / 2 days remote per week) will be considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated an ability to work and/or learn successfully in a remote work environment.
- Associate degree or Certificate in Business, Business Law, Paralegal Studies, or related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience preparing professional services contract documentation.
- Exceptional verbal and written legal communication and proofing / editing skills and a demonstrated ability to recognize proper use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Extensive experience and thorough working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong organization skills demonstrated by the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; experience using technology and resources efficiently.
- Experience handling and maintaining confidential information and documentation.
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Strict adherence to ethics and professional conduct.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Business Law, Paralegal Studies, or related field.
- Previous experience within the Architecture / Engineering / Construction industry.
- Previous experience with DocuWare or similar cloud-based document management solutions.
- Previous experience with Deltek enterprise systems (Vision or Vantagepoint preferred).
- General understanding of commercial insurance.
- Familiarity with state and federal acquisition requirements, especially as they relate to professional design services.