Assistant Market Manager - Food & Beverage
Are you a design or engineering professional who is recognized as an expert in food and beverage industry facility requirements and has a thorough understanding of market sector needs and trends? Do you have a successful track record cultivating, nurturing, and fostering relationships and a desire to lead efforts to expand and enhance the design reputation of TKDA? If so, we have an exciting, challenging, and rewarding opportunity for you to join our team as an Assistant Market Manager!
TKDA has a long history of successfully serving Fortune 500 Companies in the Corporate and Industrial Markets, including the Food and Beverage sector. As a Food and Beverage Assistant Market Manager, you will be responsible for advancing our professional design services within that market sector nationwide, starting with a focus on the Midwest region. In collaboration with the Corporate and Industrial Market Manager, you will develop and implement annual and multi-year business plans that focus on enhancing capabilities and increasing awareness of service offerings to meet revenue and profit goals. You will identify, track, and respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs) and collaborate with project teams to prepare for interviews and presentations. You will also consult with discipline leads to define project scope and scheduling requirements, negotiate contracts, staff project teams, establish design standards, review design plans for quality and accuracy, and monitor project expenditures and budgets.
As a member of the TKDA buildings team, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplined group of Group Managers and Project Managers from other Divisions to cross-sell architectural services throughout the firm and to identify prospective and strategic clients and project opportunities.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Architecture, Construction Management, or Engineering.
- Fifteen or more years of progressive design experience with a strong commercial / industrial portfolio including expertise with food and beverage market sector facility needs including corporate administration, processing, production, packaging, cold storage, and distribution.
- Minimum of five years of multi-disciplined project management experience with a successful track record and reputation of effectively managing client expectations, project scope, fee estimates, budgets, and schedules.
- Business development experience demonstrated by a track record of cultivating, nurturing, and deepening client relations and an ability to identify and capitalize on new business opportunities to increase revenue and improve market share.
- Thorough understanding of the food and beverage market sector and corresponding client needs and expectations; ability to identify trends, provide technical guidance, suggest innovative solutions, and guide clients’ ideas into functional and buildable solutions.
- Previous experience developing and effectively implementing annual business plans and multi-year strategic plans to meet project, market, division, and corporate revenue and profit goals.
- Previous experience coaching, mentoring, and developing a team of design professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to apply effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills when developing proposals, preparing technical reports and documentation, conducting project interviews, leading team meetings, and engaging in discussions related to market and divisional operations.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite including MS Project for scheduling and design applications including Revit and/or AutoCAD.
- Ability to execute due diligence review and analysis of applicable federal, state and local regulations including zoning, accessibility, health, and life safety codes for public approvals and permits.
- Flexibility to travel up to 15% overnight to conduct on-site consultations, participate in project meetings, and attend business development and industry events.
- Professional Licensure/Registration in the State of Minnesota or Illinois.
- NCARB certification and/or registration in additional states.
- NCEES Record to facilitate certification and/or registration in additional states.
- LEED® Accreditation.
- Working knowledge of graphics applications including Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design and Sketch-up.
- Current affiliation or active membership with food and beverage market sector associations
- Current affiliation or active membership with professional associations (AIA, CSI, ICC, etc.).
- Strong relations with key representatives and decision makers of food & beverage clients.
If this sounds like the Project Management and Business Development opportunity you have been looking for, express your interest in joining our employee-owned team by submitting your resume for consideration today!Apply