Intern - Architectural Technology *Summer 2023*
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals has an exciting opportunity available for an Architectural Technology student who is eager to utilize and enhance their drafting skills to contribute to the design of a variety of project types. From schematic design through construction, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of projects in the Education, Government, and Corporate / Industrial markets.
As a member of our team, your Revit and AutoCAD design skills could be leveraged by our architecture group or by our structural group. On the architecture side, you would prepare detailed drawings for site plans, floor layout plans, elevations, building sections, and wall details. On the structural side, you would assist with the development of structural models, structural system layout, floor plan details, and clash detection reviews. In addition, you will be responsible for picking up redline drafting and identifying redlines made by other team members and frequently prepare project dimensions, elevations, and quantities. In addition, you will assist with plan reviews and building code research and draft specifications, transmittals, and other project documentation. On occasion, you may also conduct building surveys and field verifications.
The ideal candidate would be available to work 40 hours per week with occasional overtime throughout the summer of 2023 from mid-May through mid-August. This position would primarily work from our office in Downers Grove, IL; however, there may be instances in which this position would be provided with flexible / hybrid work arrangements.
***Out-of-state students are encouraged to apply and may be eligible for housing assistance.***
Note: To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by TKDA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Undergraduate pursuing an Associate’s Degree in Architectural Technology or related field.
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD to produce construction documentation.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, Lumion, and/or Sketch-up to create renderings and graphic presentations.
- Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills with an ability to ask questions, engage in discussions with team members, and coordinate revisions and development of construction documentation through collaboration with others.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability or organize and prioritize design tasks.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.).
- Ability to travel locally as needed for project assignments, building surveys, field inspections / verifications, team meetings, etc.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Familiarity with building systems and construction methods / practices.
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of BlueBeam Revu or Photoshop.
- Prior experience preparing and assembling construction documentation.
- Previous experience conducting building surveys and field inspections.
Click the link below to learn more about the TKDA Internship Experience:
If you are looking for a hands-on internship opportunity where you can apply your knowledge to challenges outside the pages of your textbook, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply