If you are looking for an opportunity to work alongside a team of highly collaborative design professionals where you can fully utilize and enhance your drafting skills to design complex schematic designs, then we have an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for you to join our team as an Architectural Technician in Downers Grove, IL! Our office is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Downers Grove close to restaurants, shops and just one block from the BNSF line train station.
As a member of our team, you will collaborate with Architects and Designers to prepare detailed drawings (site plans, floor layout plans, elevations, building sections, and wall details) using Revit, AutoCAD and Sketchup throughout the planning, design, and construction phases of assigned projects. You will be responsible for picking up redline drafting and identifying redlines made by other team members and frequently prepare project dimensions, elevations, and quantities. In addition, you will assist with plan reviews and building code research and draft specifications, transmittals, and other project documentation. On occasion, you may also conduct building surveys and field verifications.
From schematic design through construction, you will become engaged in the full life cycle of a variety of new or renovated facilities projects for Class I Railroads and Mass Transit organizations throughout the country. The project portfolio for Cedar Street Architecture (CSA) can be accessed at https://cedarstreetarch.com/.
Note: Flexible / hybrid work arrangements (3 days in office / 2 days remote per week) will be considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated an ability to work and/or learn successfully in a remote work environment. To be considered for this opportunity and to perform the assigned responsibilities, candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must be able to complete and pass any background, security, and drug test requests required by CSA, clients, and state and/or federal agencies.
- Associate degree in Architectural Technology or related field of study.
- Two to five years of related design experience.
- Proficiency with Revit, Sketchup, and AutoCAD to produce construction documentation, graphic presentations, and 3D renderings.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Working knowledge of building codes and regulations.
- Strong working knowledge of building systems, construction methods / practices, material application, the preparation and assembly of construction documentation, and interpretation of construction plans.
- Ability to travel as needed for building surveys, construction administration, field inspections/verifications, etc.; Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Previous experience with Bluebeam Revu, Photoshop, and other rendering software.
- Previous experience conducting building surveys and field inspections.
- Previous experience performing construction administration and field observation tasks.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging, creative, and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas will be valued, then apply on-line today to join our team!Apply